The Company recognises that discrimination in the workplace, in any form, is unacceptable and, in most cases, also unlawful. We have therefore adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy, to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and without favour or prejudice. We are committed to applying this policy throughout all areas of employment; recruitment and selection, training, development and promotion. In all situations, people will be judged solely on merit or ability. The following sets down the key points of the policy, any breach of the policy will lead to disciplinary action, which may include dismissal.
- Each and every employee has a duty to observe and apply the policy at all times.
- The policy will be implemented in accordance with the requirements of; the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the Sex Discrimination Acts 1975 and 1986, the Race Relations Act 1976, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- To ensure that we reach the widest cross section of the community, all vacancies will be advertised through professional journals, the job centre, or independent media, as well as being advertised internally dependent on the specialist or more general nature of the position.
- We will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of: race, colour, nationality, ethnic, or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political opinion/affiliation, age or religion.
- Our basic application form will be as simple and straight forward as possible and we will not ask for unnecessary information.
- Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and we will not seek irrelevant qualifications. Applicants will be short listed/selected solely on the basis of capability.
- Each and every employee has an obligation to make a positive contribution towards engendering an environment, of equal opportunity, throughout the business.
The Grievance Procedure is available to any individual who believes that they have been discriminated against, and the Company would urge those individuals to pursue their rights, through this channel.